URL for this article is http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/conscious.htm
Subscribe to our newsletter at http://emperor.vwh.net/MailList/index.php
Send a link to this article to a friend!
www.tenc.net * [Emperor's Clothes]
The difficulty when investigating the possible criminal actions of powerful officials is that they can use their power to cover up involvement in criminal conspiracies. One of the ways around this problem is to examine a politician's behavior at the time of the crime. Did he or she carry out positive obligations of office? Or did they shirk such obligations in ways that aided the criminals and betrayed prior knowledge of criminal plans, that is, consciousness of guilt?
On the morning of 9-11, George W. Bush and his advisers were in Sarasota, Florida. As soon as President Bush was aware that a plane had been deliberately flown into the World Trade Center, he had two positive obligations.
** Bush's Positive Obligations: To Protect Himself and the Rest of us **
Bush's first obligation was to protect the government and military chains of command. Since Bush was both Head of State and Commander in Chief of the U.S. military, this meant protecting himself and his closest advisers.
Bush's second obligation was to *protect the people* by immediately conferring with his top military commanders. This included Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense who is second in the military chain of command and also has special responsibilities in case of a hijacking, General Richard B Myers, who was acting chairperson of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and various officers at the Pentagon's National Military Command Center (NMCC), the military nerve center for dealing with hijackings.
Using media reports as well as an on-line video of Bush, filmed at the Booker School on 9-11, and analyzing subsequent statements made by Bush, by his press secretary, Ari Fleischer, and by Vice President Cheney, in the next several posts we will show that:
* Mr. Bush and his advisers had to have known that a commercial jet had deliberately hit the World Trade Center before they arrived at the Booker School on the morning of 9-11.
* Under these circumstances, the Booker School was the most dangerous place they could be. Nevertheless their party proceeded at a leisurely pace to the school and stayed there for over 30 minutes, thus shirking their primary duty, to protect President Bush, the top person in the government and military commands.
* According to his own statements, George W. Bush did not immediately contact Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, Gen. Myers and the National Military Command Center. Instead, following his drive to the Booker School he spent perhaps 20 minutes cheerfully observing a reading lesson. The video footage of this session shows Mr. Bush giving pep talks to teachers and children, smiling, cheering - doing everything except his duty. We will explain why Bush avoided the responsibilities of the Commander in Chief.
* The "Bush team" knew their avoidance of positive obligations of office pointed to criminal involvement in 9-11, so they attempted to cover up their actions. But their cover-ups were clumsy and provide further evidence of their consciousness of guilt.
* The incriminating behavior of Bush and Co. on 9-11 resulted from a fact whose implications nobody has yet discussed. Namely, the plans for American Flight 77, which we are told hit the Pentagon, clearly went wrong. This in turn rendered the plans of Bush, General Richard B. Myers and other conspirators obsolete. Forced to improvise, but confused as to how to handle multiple dangers, they made blunders which point to their guilt.
* Next: Bush's Cover-up Finds him Guilty for 9-11*
To subscribe to the Emperor's Clothes
email list go to http://www.emperors-clothes.com/f.htm
Send a link to this article to a friend! If you receive this article by email, cut and paste this URL into your browser:
mailto:ENTER FRIEND'S EMAIL ADDRESS HERE?subject=Here's a great article from emperors-clothes.com!&body=I just read the following article which I thought you would find most interesting. Here's the address: http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/conscious.htm